Sheer Gorgeousness

Sheer Gorgeousness
New Moon - Edward

new moon countdown

Monday, June 15, 2009

Chapter 6 (Scary Stories)

Ah Friday! The inquisition about what Edward wanted from Bella the day before has occurred and she has skirted the issue but her friends think there is more to tell. The crew is sitting around now and discussing their plans for the beach excursion. At home, Charlie is glad that Bella is going out with her friends and Bella sees the slight parental guilt that he feels in leaving her alone so often.

In the morning Bella awakens with a rare appearance of the sun and meets her friends. Upon arrival
they explore tide pools where a plethora of sea creatures and colorful landscaping are in abundance. The day wears on and they make their way back to 'camp' to dine. Returning to the site, they observe visitors, who by their looks, are from the Indian reservation. Another group heads off, leaving Bella and a few others fireside. One of the newcomers,Jacob sits by Bella and introduces himself. They realize they sort of know each other because his father is Charlies' friend Billy Black. They converse about their families and other trivial items.

A catty girl
claims it a shame that the Cullens could not be there and queried if anyone invited them. Another nameless boy then blurts out: p121"The Cullens don't come here." This gets Bella thinking and she asks Jacob to take a walk as an ulterior motive to ask what this statement meant. They head down the beach where Jacob explains the Cullens are not supposed to come on to the reservation. Huh?

He begins telling Bella tribal legend of being descended from wolves and how the Cullens are descended from an enemy tribe 'cold ones'. He states they are not supposed to be a danger because they are civilized but there is always a risk. He then states that the Cullens are.......wait for it.......VAMPIRES. They discuss superstition, head back and the Forks students all leave.

Vampires??? Are you kidding me???? Wow! This was a twist I did not expect.
No wonder Edward acts strange. I thought paranoid schizophrenic or manic depressive. Never in a million years had I expected this "V" word to crop up. This is not a situation I am equipped to handle. It gets me thinking back to the mannerisms and attitudes Edward showed in the earlier chapters and I guess it makes sense NOW.

In this chapter, I have relived excursions and discussions with friends, sleepovers and ghost stories and great memories. I see the 'me' I once was re-emerging with each chapter I read and realize we all need to revisit ourselves
in our minds occasionally. Personally, this fantasy world now intertwined in my head has also taken over a small part of my heart.

I can't stop now.

0 comments: