Sheer Gorgeousness

Sheer Gorgeousness
New Moon - Edward

new moon countdown

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chapter 4 (Invitations)

A month passes since the near accident and Bella's small group of acquaintances are watching over her and never giving a thought to the perspective of Bella that Edward was the hero in this scenario. Edward has taken to ignoring Bella again during class and only giving her the occasional nod of his head in acknowledgment of her presence.

A big school event is forthcoming, a 'girls choice ' dance. Jessica asked Bella who she was going to ask and she said she was not even going to the dance. Jessica proceeded to say she is going to ask Mike if that is okay. Bella says yes because she herself has no interest in Mike. Mike still tries after Jessica asks him to feel Bella out on whether she was going to ask him and she tells him she will be away.

Biology class, Edward is there and staring at her and the awareness she tried to forget springs alive again. When class ends HE speaks to her.
p74 "I'm sorry." "I'm being very rude, I know. But it's better this way, really."

Bella does not understand this cryptic comment, but goes along. The day ends with Eric leaning on her truck in the parking lot. He repeats the sentiment about the dance and she lets him down with the same answer as Mike. She is getting ready to drive home and gets stuck in the lot behind Edwards car and here comes Tyler to be the 3rd person to query about the dance. All these date requests are getting tiresome. What next?

The next morning she approaches Edward about the holdup the previous night and is irritated at him. He shocks her by saying he overheard she was making a run for it the night of the dance and wanted to know if she wanted to go with him to Seattle. This confuses and yet thrills her. She eventually says yes.

Okay.We have now established who the main characters in this saga are. Personally, I am thinking that Bella reminds me that I was once young and 'crushed' on the cutest boys in school. Of course she is more subtle about it than I ever was in her mannerisms and does not gush they way I did. She sees herself as ordinary which cannot help the plight of the other boys, Mike, Eric and Tyler. In my case, I was always trying to be the center of attention which now as an adult I see was not always the best approach to make and keep friends. As well, Edwards state of hot and cold is supremely confusing even to me. I always say that the 'Y' chromosome that men carry make them somewhat defective. Next up Chapter 5

0 comments: