Sheer Gorgeousness

Sheer Gorgeousness
New Moon - Edward

new moon countdown

Friday, June 19, 2009

Chapter 10 (Interrogations)

Did Bella dream yesterday? She awoke to a dark day which cheered her because Edward would be in school. Running late, she rushes through her morning routine. Outside the house she is startled to see Edwards' silver car in her driveway. He asks if she wants to ride with him. She did not know if their openness from yesterday would continue so she said nothing. He turned to her and wondered why the silence. She is relieved that he wants to know what she is thinking. p198 (b) "I always tell you what I'm really thinking." (e) "You edit." (b) "Not very much" (e) "Enough to drive me insane."

Asking where the rest of his family is, he says they took Rosalies' car because p199"I'm breaking all the rules now." Jessica meets them in the parking lot with Bellas jacket and hurries off saying she will see Bella later. Edward states that Jessica is waiting to ambush her to find out what is between the two of them. He tells her he can't wait to hear her explanation either and they part ways.

In class Jessica pounces on Bella demanding to know everything that happened and if they were going to go out again. Bella answers and says that he did offer to drive her to Seattle that coming Saturday (the day of the dance Bella is ditching out on). Jessica is in awe of Bella and continues the interrogation about how much Bella likes Edward. p205 (j) "How much do you like him?" (b) "Too much. More than he likes me. But I don't see how I can help that." Bella changes the subject to Mike and Jessica goes along until the bell rings for lunch. She recognizes that Bella is anxious and realizes that she will not be sitting with the crew in the cafeteria.

She meets up with Edward and when they are seated with lunch, he starts breaking down what Bella told Jessica. One thing Bella said bothered him. He stared into Bellas' eyes and says p 208 "Do you truly believe that you care more for me than I do for you?" She tells him yes and he disagrees. She then gets all negative on herself and he tells her she does not see herself clearly.

They start talking about Saturday and as the weather calls for sun he will need to stay out of public view but if she still wants to be with him he will show her why he cannot be exposed to the sun. Then he informs her she should tell Charlie that she will be out with him so that he will not be tempted not to bring her home. Change subject please. Lunch ends and on to Biology class.

So I cannot believe that I have finished 217 pages of this book already. Apparently the writing style of Stephenie Meyer has drawn me in and made me a believer. As Bella and Edward are spending more time together I can believe that the high school sweetheart syndrome is kicking in.

I just do not understand how vampires feel human feelings. They are dead. No heartbeat, no brain function just a walking corpse or so I believed until now. How do they go to school and learn? These are questions I may never get the answers to, however it is more intriguing thinking that vampires can be just like everyone else and still be unique. I understand this is a contradiction in terms but the entire concept is extremely fascinating
.

Bella has shown no fear in any of the rough situations she has encountered up to this point, almost getting run over, attacked by a group of strangers, a vampire. This is all too surreal for me . She is timid on the outside and very brave on the interior. If more women were this way we would not feel so undermined in our outer world. I leave you with the knowledge that so far this story, although fictional, has magnetism that will leave you yearning for more. I know it has for me and I look forward to the next chapter.

0 comments: