Sheer Gorgeousness

Sheer Gorgeousness
New Moon - Edward

new moon countdown

Friday, June 12, 2009

Chapter 5 (Blood Type)

Open on a stunned Bella being late for class. The early classes pass by that Bella is unaware and she makes her way to her daily cafeteria unit and seeks out Edward with his family. He is conspicuously absent from them and she is disappointed. Jessica then points out that he is sitting alone and trying to get Bellas' attention. She slowly meanders to where he is and he requests that she sit with him.

Whoah!! What's this? Change of heart?

He starts to converse with Bella and bluntly, she points out that she doesn't comprehend half of the things he says. He then makes it clear he still thinks it is a bad idea that they are friends but he is tired of fighting himself because she holds a greater appeal to him than anyone else. He says to her:
p92"What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?"
Lunch ends and she is off to biology class and he says he is ditching. Bella gets to class and the lesson of the day is...blood typing. Everything starts off fine but when the teacher proceeds to pierce Mikes finger, Bella loses it by getting faint.

Oh boy do I remember this. We did our blood typing in 9th grade and I thought for sure that I was going to pass out too. I cannot stand to see my own blood (opposite of Bella) but other peoples blood does not phase me.

Mike is to take her to the nurse and halfway there, out of nowhere appears Edward. He picks her up, takes her to the nurse and tells Bella he was in his car and he thought Mike was dragging her body off to bury. Edward proceeds to charm his way to get Bella out of gym (her last class of he day) and says he will drive her home.

Problem how to get her truck back? Edward informs her he will have Alice drop it off after school and they get into a heated discussion but Edward wins. They arrive at Bellas house and he wishes her well on the friends outing to the beach over the weekend, tells her he will not be in school the next day and asks her ever so sweetly to take care of herself and not: "fall in the ocean or get run over or anything."

So now I am back in junior high and high school myself 24 and 22 years ago respectively and empathizing with the characters in "Twilight." Each movement, rejection, classic situation (especially the blood typing in this chapter) has brought me to the realization that I still have a lot of that young girl in me and she is not dead and gone like I once thought. She is coming out as I engross myself into this journey of reading. This blog although so new has also brought me to the knowledge that people can change as they mature. I certainly want to get to know the people who read my comments and find out how they themselves have been affected by this series. Thanks to recent developments in my personal life for allowing me to continue this effort. Onward and Upward!

0 comments: